Thursday, April 24, 2014

week 5.

Today marks one month since Emmett's diagnosis. I feel like within that month I have really tried to get as much done as I can to kick start the services and support Emmett needs. Although I feel like not much has "happened" yet, I am doing my part in taking all the necessary steps. Now I have to wait for phone calls and let things fall into place.
This past month has been intense and stressful, but has gone by quickly. Emmett has only had three sessions of speech therapy, so no progress to report on yet. His therapist is still working on getting him to specifically say, "I want ______.", instead of pointing or grabbing it out of her hand.
  • Matt was able to come to speech with me yesterday, which was great. He met Zena and got to see what a session is like. 
  • We got a call back from the feeding clinic and are scheduled for the first appointment on July 2nd. That was the earliest availability. I also checked our status for OT and we are 20-something on the waiting list. Hmmph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment