Saturday, May 24, 2014

week 9.

A few good things happened this week:
  • Emmett will be starting OT next week, once per week directly following speech therapy. So he will be in therapy for two hours every Wednesday morning.
  • Speech therapy was the one thing that didn't go the best this week. Emmett was only engaged for about 20 minutes, then started having a hard time. Zena said some days will be like that.
  • I set up an appointment in June to talk to someone at Fraser about services in their day treatment center. The wait is very long so I want to get started with the process right away.
  • We met with Mary, the psychologist at Children's in Minneapolis for the first part of Emmett's psychological assessment. We are doing this mainly for insurance reasons. This appointment was mainly directed to Matt and I. She asked us a ton of questions and observed Emmett. The second appointment will be on June 19th. One test she will perform is an IQ test and I am nervous for that one. Dr. Mary reassured us that an IQ score for a child is much different than one for an adult, and that we should not worry about the score at all. It can change many times as Emmett progresses. 
  • I had the amazing opportunity to attend a presentation by Temple Grandin and I got to meet her!!! I was a sponge, soaking in all that she had to offer. She even signed her movie and a photo of Emmett for me! The full story and photos are on my family blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment